COMET-LA is planned along 36 months duration and it's structured into seven Work Packages with associated tasks, milestones and outcomes:
- WP1. Adaptation of framework to local conditions
- WP2. Sustainable management and governance models in water and biodiversity systems
- WP3. Sustainable management and governance models in forest systems
- WP4. Sustainable management and governance models for marine and coastal systems
- WP5. Building scenarios of future changes and challenges
- WP6. Communication and Dissemination
- WP7. Management and Coordination
Each Work Package is led by experts in the respective knowledge field and assisted by other partners with expertise in the other areas.
COMET-LA analyzes three social-ecological systems in three Latin American countries (Colombia, Mexico and Argentina). Each case study will focus more specifically on one environmental challenge: biodiversity and water, forest and land use and coastal and marine areas management. The project will be developed in 3 phases: i) characterization of SES; ii) identification of current and future key variables using prospective analysis techniques; and iii) building of scenarios for future changes and challenges.